Various Health Problems That May Arise If Your Home Wall Is Moldy

Various Health Problems That May Arise If Your Home Wall Is Moldy
Image Various Health Problems That May Arise If Your Home Wall Is Moldy
Mushrooms can be found everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. In fact, the walls of the house that you think are free from the organism can also be moldy. Of course there are dangers lurking from this moldy wall for your health, what are the impacts?

Check out the reviews below for answers.

Why are mushroom walls endangering health?

According to the CDC, a damp environment can cause your home wall to easily moldy.

This can lead to a variety of impacts for your health. Especially for sensitive people or weak immune system.

Mushrooms that fly indoors and stick to the wall can be easily breathed as you breathe.

Certain types of fungi in the room can produce toxins that are fat-soluble and absorbed by the lining of the intestines, airways, and skin.

In small quantities, mushroom spores may not interfere.

However, when there are many walls in your home that are not pleasing to the mushroom because of mushrooms, it can have a bad impact on health.

The moldy walls usually turn color into tanned or blackish. If the fungus contamination in your home extends, the air quality indoors is even worse.

All family members at home are at risk of having allergic reactions to fungi and other health problems.

Danger of Moldy House wall for your health

The walls of the house are moldy enough danger because it can have a bad impact on your health. This condition most often causes inflammation, allergies, and infections.

Allergic reactions are the most common conditions after being often exposed by air containing fungal spores.

In addition, there are some other health impacts that arise while staying at home with a mouldy wall, namely:

1. Breathing difficulty

One of the dangers of the house wall that is moldy to your health is breathing difficulty.

When the mushroom grows, there are spores, cells, and organic compounds that are foreign to circulating in the air.

All three can be allergens, irritant, and produce toxic compounds that are harmful to the body, especially for highly sensitive people.

Not only so, high levels of humidity make the process of decomposition the mushroom faster and increase the amount of particles in the air.

As a result, the particles risk irritating the lungs, nose, and throat.

If you already have respiratory problems, such as asthma and chronic lung, the fungus that is home may make your condition worse.

2. Allergies

Being in a room with a moldy and damp wall makes your eyes itch and often sneezing?

As reported from the Mayo Clinic site, this condition is referred to as fungal allergies. As with other types of allergies, fungal allergies also arise due to excessive immune system reactions.

The fungus that enters your body is known as a foreign substance by your immune system. This makes your body's antibodies develop and strive to fight the fungus.

Once the process of entry of mushrooms has expired, the body still has antibodies that record the foreign compounds.

As a result, every time you are in a room with a moldy wall, your immune system will react by releasing histamine substances that cause some symptoms, such as:

  1. Itchy and watery nose
  2. Watery eyes
  3. Frequent sneezing
  4. Sore throat

3. Other health problems

Not only does it interfere with the health of your lungs, there are some other health hazards from the mouldy walls of the house.

Fungi can produce microbes and bacteria that can cause inflammatory response in some people. In fact, the condition increases the risk of fungal and bronchial infections that can lead to health problems, such as:

  1. Bronchitis
  2. Chronic Rhinosinusitis
  3. Sinusitis due to fungal allergies

This condition can make the respiratory tract in previously healthy children disturbed.

Walls or areas inside a moldy house may not pose a serious problem if the amount is not much.

However, when the look is already very widespread, clean the area so as not to impact your health.

However, it will be much better if you immediately clean the walls even though the mushrooms are stuck still a little.

In addition, keep the walls of your house in order to keep it dry to get rid of any fungus that might stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment